We are looking for Yard Operations Leader for our Johnston location which is a full time seasonal position (approximately April – November). Responsibilities include:
- Plant material sales to both retail and wholesale customers
- Oversee customer loading
- Pulling customer orders
- Unloading shipments
- Assist in completing special orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for effectively communicating information regarding plant shipments to Garden Center Manager, Staff and Wholesale General Manager
- Maintain healthy nursery stock and assist with seasonal plant rotation in the yard
- Plant material merchandising
- Partner with Garden Center Manager in planning for seasonal tasks and management of nursery stock.
- Responsible for overseeing the closing down the yard at the end of the sales day
- Partnering with the Garden Center Manager in maintaining a safe and satisfying workplace as well as meeting sales goals and company objectives.
The ideal candidate should have a valid driver’s license, prior experience working in the industry (preferably in a garden center) or a formal education in horticulture, candidate must possess the ability to learn and retain information quickly. During the busy spring season you must be available to work 6 days a week, Monday – Saturday. You must be willing to work throughout inclement weather, able to lift up to 50 lbs, climb ladders and able to be on your feet most of the work day. Experience operating a backhoe and other construction is a plus but is not a requirement. We are looking for someone who will be a good fit to our team, who can work alongside our multiple divisions.
Central Nurseries, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Or apply in person Monday – Friday 7:30-3:30 at the main office: 1155 Atwood Ave., Johnston RI 02919